Kidney — In Follow-up
This study aims to find how safe, tolerable and effective a new treatment called Cabozantinib is for non-clear cell kidney cancer. All patients will take cabozantinib orally every day, until the medication is no longer effective. There is no placebo (inactive treatment), which means that everyone who takes part in the trial will receive the active cabozantinib drug. Cabozantinib is an anti-cancer drug that works by blocking cancer cell growth. Cabozantinib has previously been used in the treatment of many cancers, including clear cell kidney cancer and thyroid cancer. However, it has not been tested in people with non-clear cell kidney cancer. About 48 participants with non-clear cell kidney cancer are expected to participate in this study, from Australia.
If you think this trial might be right for you, please ask your doctor.
A Phase II Trial Of Single Agent Cabozantinib In Patients With Locally Advanced Or Metastatic Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Post Immunotherapy Or Who Are Unsuitable For Immunotherapy
Associate Professor David Pook
Adults with metastatic or locally advanced/unresectable nccRCC. Key eligibility criteria include: ≥18 years of age
- Histologically confirmed nccRCC
- Measurable disease according to RECIST version 1.1
- ECOG ≤2
- Controlled blood pressure
- Adequate liver, renal, and bone marrow function;
- Will not have received prior targeted therapy or chemotherapy, but may have received previous checkpoint immunotherapy on the UNISoN trial (NCT03177239)
- Willing to consent to the use of archival tissue blocks for translational research studies
- Willing to consent to the provision of peripheral blood samples for translational
Ipsen is providing drug and funding support for the trial.
Border Medical Oncology Research Unit
Calvary Mater Newcastle
Campbelltown Hospital - South Western Sydney Local Health District
Macquarie University Hospital
St George Hospital - South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD)
Monash Cancer Center - Moorabbin
Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital
Flinders Medical Centre
Adelaide Cancer Centre